An apple a day keeps the doctor away! This recipe will certainly make sure that your heart will be healthier, your sugar cravings will be satisfied and cholesterol reduced. These walnut-stuffed baked apples are easy to adapt for a crowd and it’s a perfect weeknight sweet treat for fitness freaks.
- handful of walnuts
- handful of raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ginger & nutmeg
- 4 large apples
- 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice
- 4 pieces of organic chocolate (90%)
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In small bowl combine walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Slice off top of each apple and scoop out inner core and seeds from inside.
- Arrange apples, cavity side up, in a small ceramic baking dish.
- Fill each apple with 2 tablespoons of walnut mixture and pour juice around apples.
- Place 1 piece of organic chocolate on each apple.
- Bake apples 30 to 40 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Spoon juices and melted chocolate remaining in dish over apples and serve warm!