Having quinoa for a breakfast is always a great idea. Especially now when it’s autumn. Like most whole grains, it is surprisingly filling and very nutritious (one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat containing all nine essential amino acids).
- 150 g uncooked quinoa
- half glass of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- handful spinach or other greens
- half mango
- handful raspebberies or any berries
- splash lemon juice
- dash cinnamon
- Rinse quinoa in a fine strainer with cold water.
- Heat coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add coconut sugar and cinnamon the saucepan.
- Stir quinoa into the milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until much of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir lemon juice into the quinoa mixture.
- Gently fold raspberries, your greens, and sliced mango into the mixture.
You can add shredded coconut, pieces of dark chocolate and chopped bananas to your quinoa bowl as well!