Who likes brownies? Me, me, me! But traditional brownies are full of sugar, so I decided to find a healthy recipe and modify it a bit according to my preferences and…. I came up with a delicious recipe for homemade black bean cake that tastes exactly like brownies!
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 75g honey
- 40g coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g or raisins chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients except chips/raisins till you get a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the chips, then pour into a pan.
- Bake the cake for 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut.
- If the cake looks a bit undercooked, you can place it in the fridge overnight and it will firm up!
This cake tastes the best with a glass of milk! Yum! Try it and let me know how you liked it :).