I have recently returned from India – probably the most inspiring country when it comes to food I’ve ever been to. Digging into exotic curry, tandoori and naan was my daily ritual. Now when I’m back home I feel like cooking India style food. Let’s start from garlic naan bread that is easy to make and extremely delicious.
What you need:
- 3 cups (450g) wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 clove of chopped garlic
What to do:
- In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, yeast, stevia and salt.
- Pour in water and olive oil and stir it all together.
- Start kneading the mixture by holding one end of the dough in one hand and stretching it out with the other hand Then reform the dough, turn it 90 degrees and start again.
- When the dough is ready, place a greased baking tray in the oven and heat to 250° C / 480° F.
- Cut the dough into 6 even pieces and roll each piece into a rough thick ball.
- Place rolled-out naans on the baking tray and immediately put in the oven.
- Bake for 7 minutes until they get golden brown.
- When ready spread some olive oil on top of naans and add chopped garlic.
You can eat your naans with homemade hummus, baked onions or any type of curry (veggie curry, bean curry).