Eggless muffins can be never boring. As long as you have a smooth dough, you can add:
- fresh or dried fruits
- chocolate chips
- coconut cream or coconut flakes
- any veggie of your choice (preferably pumpkin puree or shredded carrot)
and create a really delicious and unique dessert that everyone will be obsessed with.
What you need
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple or agava syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- handful almonds (or any nuts of your choice), dried fruits (cranberries, dates or raisins), fresh fruits you want
What to do
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and grease it well with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine milk together with the ground flaxseed, flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, oil, milk mixture and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients with a rubber spatula until just moistened.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups adding some almonds, fresh fruits, raisins and cranberries.
- Bake the muffins for about 15-20 minutes.
If you can’t imagine muffins with no eggs, check out my old recipe for healthy banana and chocolate muffins.