One of my favourite soups is mushroom soup – creamy, a bit spicy and really nutritious. It’s a modified version of Jamie’s Oliver classic mushroom soup that I really enjoyed!
- 500 g fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion – peeled and finely sliced
- 2 sticks celery – trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp dried garlic / garlic in powder
- a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf and thyme
- 1L vegetable stock
- salt & black pepper
- curry powder
1. Peel off mushrooms and cut them into small pieces.
2. Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat and pour in coconut oil. Add mushrooms and all vegetables. Cook until softened.
3. Pour vegetable stock into the pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add salt & black pepper, curry powder and the rest of spices.
5. Blend all until smooth.
6. Spoon the soup into small bowls and garnish with the chopped parsley and remaining mushrooms.