You may already know that, but let me remind you that I AM THE BIGGEST AVOCADO FAN ON THIS PLANET. There was a time where I excluded this healthy fruit from my diet, but now it is back, BIG TIME! 🙂
Avocado is extremely nutritious, contains 160 calories, 2 grams of protein and 15 grams of healthy fats and it is considered as a low-carb friendly plant food.
Top benefits of avocados:
- Contain a lot of potassium (more than bananas).
- They are loaded with heart-friendly fats.
- They are loaded with fiber and powerful antioxidants.
- They can lower cholesterol.
- They help you prevent cancer and many other illnesses.
For many people avocados are very blend and tasteless. That could be true if you eat them on their own, but they taste amazing in vegan sushi, side salads, green smoothies or even soups (more recipes are coming soon).
Today I’ve got for you an easy recipe for avocado salad that can be done in 5 minutes, if not less!
- 1 ripped avocado
- 2 tomatoes
- 10 walnuts
- coconut oil
- mixed salad 100 g
- salt & pepper
- Cut your avocado and tomatoes in cubes.
- Crush walnuts.
- Mix avocado, tomatoes and walnuts with your greens.
- Add 2 table spoons coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.