Today I am sharing a recipe for 100% healthy whole wheat bagels that are a great option for breakfast and lunch. I personally love this recipe and having a bagel with some smoked chicken, avocado spread, and sunflower seeds is always a great idea!
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 4 cup whole wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup water
- Slowly combine all ingredients and stir for 5 minutes.
- Spritz dough with nonstick spray, turn over and spritz again.
- Cut the dough into 12 equally sized pieces and roll in balls.
- Prepare baking sheets with nonstick spray and preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Form bagels with your hands or use bagel-shaped tin.
- Meanwhile, fill a wide saucepan or skillet with water, at least 2 inches deep, and bring to boil. Boil bagels for 90 second on each side.
- When boiled, bake them for 8 – 10 minutes, flip an bake 8 – 10 minutes longer.