Spring is in the air so it’s time to share one of our my favourite recipes for a light and delicious sweet potato soup. Very creamy and cooked just in 15 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (could be soy butter)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar (could be coconut sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, cinnamon and ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt & pepper
- Cook sweet potatoes in a steamer for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepot, cook the butter adding the brown sugar, bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Blend sweet potatoes when steamed properly, return to saucepot and add the milk.
- Season with salt, pepper, ground ginger, cinnamon and ground nutmeg.