This is one of my favourite recipes for sweet, moist and really chewy flapjack. It’s perfect as a birthday gift, for your lunchbox and as an after-workout snack. It takes only 45 minutes to make it and you can get 8 large and long pieces from this recipe (or multiply all the ingredients to get more).
What you need:
- 200 g soy butter
- 150 g organic coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp agava syrup
- 400 g porridge oats
- 4 medjool dates
- mixed nuts
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 28cmx18cm baking tin and line with baking parchment.
- Place soy butter, agava syrup and coconut sugar into a large saucepan over a medium heat and stir till you get a smooth consistency.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the porridge oats until well blended. Press the mixture into the tin.
- Crumble mixed nuts and cut medjool dates into tiny pieces. Add them to the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove the flapjack from the oven and cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
Flapjack pieces taste really good with a cup of bulletproof coffee.