Greek salad – everyone knows it, everyone tried it and many made it. Today’s recipe for my favourite Greek salad is a bit different, but yummier and full of healthy fats!
- handful lettuce
- 8 baby tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 200g packet feta cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano and dried mint
- half a bunch of flatleaf parsley
- handful of chestnuts
- tsp sunflower seeds
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- brown bread to serve (optional)
- Cut tomatoes into wedges and chop onion into big pieces.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthways, remove the stones and peel. Cut crosswise into slices, and squeeze with lemon juice.
- Crumble your feta cheese with your fingers and toss it with the dried oregano and mint.
- Pick the leaves off the parsley and set aside.
- Mix lettuce with avocados and veggies adding feta cheese in a big bowl.
- Season your salad with salt and pepper, then scatter over the feta, olives and parsley.
- Drizzle everything with lemon and olive oil.
- Sprinkle your salad with chestnuts and sunflower seeds.
- Squeeze extra lemon juice on top, and serve with brown bread sliced into cubes.
Easy and quick, right? It takes up to 30 minutes. The whole bowl of salad has around 600 kcal and it serves 6 people. It is a great idea for a garden party or barbaque snack or even a lunch.