I used to hate coffee. I couldn’t stand its smell and it was one of the worst drinks I could think of. Then I tried skinny latte recommended by my friends back in high school and I changed my mind – it was lite and creamy and filled me up for a long time.
The real revolution happened when I discovered the bulletproof coffee recipe – blended coffee with ghee butter & coconut oil – extremely nutritious, giving you a real boost of energy throughout the day.
Today’s post is not about the oily coffee I love, but my recent discovery – healthy and easy to make creamy mocha latte. If you don’t feel like getting out of your bed early in the morning and waiting in line at your favourite cafeteria to enjoy it, check out my recipe below.
What we need
- 1/2 mug coffee of your choice
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 mug almond milk
- tablespoon unsweetened dark chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon coconut sugar
- Brew coffee of your choice (or use one package of instant coffee) and pour into a mug.
- Warm the almond milk in a small pot over low-medium heat.
- When milk is ready, use an electric milk frother to create foam.
- Slowly pour the warmed milk over your coffee.
- Stir in one tablespoon unsweetened dark chocolate and ¼ teaspoon coconut sugar.
- Serve immediately.
On a chilly day, cozy up to this amazing coffee that is a smart alternative to richly flavored—but calorie-heavy—Starbucks mixers. Cheers to that!