I’m the biggest fan of muffins and I have recently modified one of my favourite healthy banana and chocolate muffin recipes I found on Instagram. They are very easy and quick to make. You can make 12 muffins for the whole week and have them as your snack (as I do).
- 1 mashed ripe bananas (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 egg whites
- 60 g oats
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- shredded coconut or a tablespoon chocolate nibs
1) Preheat oven to 176ºC.
2) Combine mashed banana, oats and yogurt in a medium bowl; mix well, and set aside.
3) Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray (or use paper liners).
4) Place chopped bananas on top of your muffins.
5) Sprinkle shredded coconut or chocolate nibs on top.
6) Bake 17 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
You can also add raspberries and blueberries on top or chopped apples. Yummy! Yummy!
Each muffin has around 100 kcal, 3g of fat, 9g of protein and 25g of carbs. Bon apetite! If you liked my recipe, share it on Twitter or Instagram!