Happy Easter to everyone! Due to this unique and special holiday, I’m coming to you with a great recipe for traditional Polish Easter cake called Mazurek. It’s a soft version of shortbread, often topped with almonds and cut into serving-sized squares.
What you need
For the dough
- 300g almond flour
- 200g butter (can be soy butter)
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 egg yolk or 1 mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons of coconut cream
For the topping
- 400g dark organic chocolate
- 200g coconut cream
- 1 spoon of butter (can be soy butter)
What to do
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Knead the flour, butter, sugar, cream and egg yolk to a smooth dough.
- When ready, cover the dough with foil. Place it in a fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Roll the dough till it gets thinner.
- Move the dough onto two rectangular trays and prick the dough with a fork then bake for 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water, add butter and cream, and mix for 15 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the baked dough, even it out with a spatula or a knife and decorate with the almonds or other nuts.