Maybe not many of you have heard of semolina, but I love having semolina porridge for my breakfast. It has comforting texture and taste as well as it is light on my stomach. Some benefits of semolina are:
- It is digested slowly so you can feel full without overeating.
- It improves kidney function, thanks to its potassium content.
- It can be served with any kind of vegetables or fruits.
- It is a good source of vitamin E and B – essential for good immunity from disease.
- It is a quick and nourishing source of energy.
Today I am sharing with you a healthy recipe for semolina porridge that can be made just in 8 minutes.
- 1/3 cup semolina
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup water
- Chopped fruits of your choice (I love strawberries, blueberries or raspberries)
1) Add raw semolina to boiling water/milk, add some salt and cook over a medium heat, stirring, until it is as thick as you want it (3-5 minutes).
2) Add fruits, nuts or chocolate nibbles for taste.
The semolina can be cooked in milk, water or a combination of the two. You can make it as thick/sweet as you like by adding less or more water/milk and fruits of your choice. ENJOY!
Bon apetite! If you liked my recipe, share it on Twitter or Instagram!