Today’s recipe is shared by lovely Izzy of Veganizzm. She’s a big fan of plants and inspires her readers to love them too. Let’s see what delicious and vegan recipe she prepared for us today.
Chocolate Tahini Banana Bars
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons shaved dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F (175* C) and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together. In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, tahini, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla and mix well.
3. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until fully combined. Spread the batter into the baking dish (note: it will be very thick). Place in the preheated oven and bake 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown on top and a knife inserted comes out clean.
4. Place on a cooling rack. Once cool, sprinkle shaved chocolate on top and slice into bars. Store in an airtight container.