- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate minichips, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted and divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Combine ripe banana with yogurt and eggs.
3) Add brown sugar and beat until blended.
3) Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups.
4) Combine flour with the rest ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
5) Add flour mixture to banana mixture and beat just until blended.
6) Add 1/3 cup minichips and nuts into the batter.
7) Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
8) Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
9) Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
If you are allergic to nuts, you can skip them and add more chocolate chips. If you are not a big fan of bananas, try blueberries or raspberries. You can also use oats instead of flour and replace brown sugar with stevia.
Bon apetite! If you liked my recipe, share it on Twitter or Instagram!